Mike Berthleson - FELA Client Testimonial
At first, I thought I could handle my own case. I had herniated a disc throwing a switch that someone had run through. I soon realized I needed to call in the big guns though when the UP claim agent said that they weren't going to pay me very much for my claim. He claimed I was predisposed to throw out the disc in my back! and even laughed at me and said 'I'd been watching too much TV.'
I started calling around to several buddies who had gone through on the job injuries with the railroad. There was one name that kept coming up as a hard nosed, no-nonsense attorney, and that was Bristol Baxley. And, unlike some of the other FELA attorneys in the area no one had anything negative to say.
Once I signed up, everything was handled quickly and professionally. As the case went on, Bristol called me himself and kept me informed. Now I was fighting fire with fire, and I had experts on my side to argue against what the railroad's experts were saying about my back. It wasn't long before they changed their tune and in the end offered a settlement that took care of me and my family.
Since my case was resolved, I've recommended Rome Arata and Baxley to several of my friends working for the railroad and will continue to do so to anyone who asks.
Mr. Mike Berthelson
Injured by Defective Switch
Most of our new business is referred to us by happy FELA clients like the ones above. They've seen first hand how well we know the railroad industry and the laws that govern them. Please feel free to ask us for a referral and we will put you in contact with one or several of our satisfied FELA clients.
- How to Fill Out an Accident Report
- How to Give a Statement to the Railroad Claim Agent
- 7 Vital Tips for an Injured Railroad Worker
- Injured Railroad Worker Protections: How the FRSA Protects You When You Report an Injury or Safety Hazard
18 Wheeler Wrecked Your Life?We also represent victims of Semi-Truck Accidents. Visit our truck accident site at TexasTruckAttorney.com.
- Train Collisions
- Grade Crossing Collisions
- Train Derailments
- Amtrak Derailments and Collisions
- Switch Throwing
- Van Wrecks or Carryall Accidents
- Slips and Trips
- Getting On and Off Equipment
- Defective Handbrakes or other Safety Appliances
- Short Term Railroad Disability Benefits
- Long Term Railroad Retirement and Disability Benefits
- Railroad Medical Benefits
- Recommended Optional Benefits