FELA Law in Lake Charles Texas
Rome, Arata and Baxley is proud to spend so much of our time protecting the rights of Lake Charles area railroad workers. We have successfully handled railroad injury cases in Calcasieu and surrounding Parishes against Kansas City Southern and Union Pacific.
We are extremely proud of the results we have achieved for our Lake Charles area clients. The Lake Charles area railroads recognize our name and know that it means that the injured worker is represented by one of the best FELA lawfirms in the country. Please feel free to ask us for a referral and we will put you in contact with one or several of our satisfied FELA clients from Lake Charles or the surrounding areas.
Calcasieu Parish as a Venue
Like the rest of Acadiana, Lake Charles has a strong Cajun culture. Jurors in the area also have a unique perspective on railroads. Thousands in the Lake Area are employed by the petro-chemical refineries located across the river near Sulphur and Westlake. Some of the corporations with facilities in or around the city include PPG Industries, ConocoPhillips, and Citgo Petroleum Corporation.
Most folks in the Lake Charles- area have at least one family member who has worked in the petrochemical plants. Almost every plant in the Lake Charles area is serviced by one or more railroads. Getting a close up view of the work involved in the switching of tank cars familiarizes people in Calcasieu Parish with the dangers of railroad work and the importance of railroad safety. Even those folks in Lake Charles who haven’t seen switching work done up close will have lived by or driven by tracks carrying railroad chemical cars for years and must know that it is the railroad worker who ensures the safe passage of these dangerous chemicals through their community. These personal experiences that many people in Lake Charles have with railroads can be very important in any case where the railroad has put profit before safety.
Railroads currently operating in Lake Charles
Corporate mergers have consolidated the railroad industry. Railroads currently operating in the Lake Charles area include:
Amtrak, the national passenger railroad, serves Lake Charles via the Sunset Limited which runs from Los Angeles to New Orleans mostly along the I10 corridor. The Lake Charles Amtrak Station is located at 100 Ryan Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601. It is an unmanned station and tickets must be purchased online or at another Amtrak station.
Burlington Northern and Santa Fe
Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railroad is the corporate heir to the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad which has been operating railroads in Lake Charles since before 1900.
Kansas City Southern
KCS has historically connected Northern markets to the port cities on the Gulf of Mexico, like Lake Charles.
Union Pacific Railroad is the corporate heir to the Southern Pacific and Missouri Pacific railroad systems among others. As such they have been operating railroads in Lake Charles since before the turn of the last century.
We Handle Cases for Injured Railroad Employees Across the United States
Because of our extensive experience in FELA law, Rome, Arata & Baxley has had the privilege to handle cases nationwide. Our attorneys are licensed in Texas and Louisiana and the bulk of our cases are in states along the gulf coast. We represent or have represented injured railroad workers across the United States, especially in these cities:
- Fort Worth
- San Antonio
- El Paso
- Corpus Christi
- Austin, Belton/Temple, Galveston, Longview, Lubbock, Lufkin, Marshall, Orange, Port Arthur, Tyler
- Los Angeles, California, Chicago, Illinois, New York City, New York, Boston, Massachusetts, St. Louis, Missouri, Atlanta, Georgia, Kansas City, Missouri, Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah, Jackson, Mississippi, Jacksonville, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, Birmingham, Alabama, Washington D.C., Sacramento, California, Muskogee, Oklahoma, Chickashaw, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Little Rock, Arkansas, Pine Bluff, Arkansas, Wichita, Kansas
- How to Fill Out an Accident Report
- How to Give a Statement to the Railroad Claim Agent
- 7 Vital Tips for an Injured Railroad Worker
- FELA FAQs
- Railroad Whistleblower Info
- Federal Employers Liability Act
- FRA Statutes and Regulations
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Railroad Injuries
- Short Term Railroad Disability Benefits
- Long Term Railroad Retirement and Disability Benefits
- Railroad Medical Benefits
- Recommended Optional Benefits